Thursday, April 5, 2012

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day

Remember how for years we have always heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day? Well, it is! If you skip breakfast in the morning, you slow your metabolism down. You don't have to eat a huge breakfast, but pick something that is nutritious and low in calories.  If you are looking to jump start your metabolism, eating a high protein breakfast is the way to go. Greek yogurt is a wonderful food to eat for breakfast. You get your calcium from it and you normally get about 12 grams of protein from it. When I first started my weight loss journey, I ate Greek Yogurt many mornings for breakfast and would eat a banana with it.  That is just one of many low calorie breakfast choices out there. I also recommend oatmeal for breakfast because of the high content of fiber in it. I am not a big fan of cereal because they tend to have too much sugar in them. My favorite cereal has always been Cheerios and I still eat that some mornings for breakfast. You could also make you some scrambled eggs with turkey bacon or turkey sausage. Eggs have many nutritious benefits to them and the protein will help jump start your metabolism for the day. Just beware of how much cholesterol you eat the rest of the day! If you are new to this dieting thing, start out with just changing your eating habits at breakfast! When you skip breakfast, it just encourages you to eat more at lunch time.

2 comments:

  1. I love Greek yogurt! I recently "found it". Looking back, some of my slimmer days, I was eating yogurt and fruit, sometimes with granola for breakfast....wonder why i stopped?! Getting back on the stuff = ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely tastes better than the regular yogurt. At least, it does to me. It also doesn't normally have artificial sweetener in it either. That probably depends on what brand you buy.

      Delete