This is a blog with a Christian perspective on weight loss and healthy living.
Thursday, April 26, 2012
Eating Out and Calories
Eating out can be tough on a diet. Sometimes the choices we pick can actually turn out to be the one that is highest in calories. If you know where you are going out to eat, you can do your research ahead of time. With the invention of smartphone and iPhone, it is easier than ever to do research before eating out! Most of the chain restaurants have nutritional information on their website. Some restaurants even offer a healthy choice option on their menu and may include the calorie content. Sometimes, you may find that the steak has less calories than the chicken entrees! There have been many times that I opt for steak instead of chicken because it was less calories. Pasta meals always seem to be loaded in calories. One of my favorite entrees at Applebees was Chicken Penne Alfredo. It was 1,000 plus calories! I was floored when I saw how many calories it was on their website. I have found that if I want a pasta meal, I have to cook it on my own. There is just too many calories in the pasta dishes in restaurants. If you eat out at fast food restaurants, most of the chain fast food restaurants also offer their nutritional information on their website. I can tell you the healthiest breakfast sandwiches to get at McDonald's is the Egg McMuffin. If your restaurant carries baked potatoes and sweet potatoes, choose the sweet potato. It has beta carotene and is a healthier carb choice. There have been many times that I have eaten out, that I have had to make my own decision of what I think is the healthiest choice. Many restaurants do not offer nutritional information. This is my advice for those who have no idea the calorie count of their entree, choose wisely!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment